Table Tennis 2021
Date & Location: Saturday July 31, 2021 at Nanticoke Table Tennis, 1 Line Street, Nanticoke, PA 18634
Tentative Competition Time: 9am-4pm
2021 Table Tennis competition is not sanctioned by the USATT and all ages and ability levels are welcome to compete.
Events: Singles/Doubles/Mixed Doubles
Age Divisions for Males and Females:
- Youth Division: ages UNDER 18
- Open Divisions: ALL Ages with Sub-Divisions
Based on registrants age groups the coordinator will create sub-divisions based on the following: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, and 100+ for both males and females.
1. Players must provide their own paddles. Balls will be provided.
2. Athletes may compete with only one partner per event.
3. The age division of competition for doubles will be determined by the younger age of the two partners.
1. Tournament format will be round robin (pool play), with as many players as possible advancing to a single elimination championship bracket.
2. USATT rankings (if available) will be used to assist in pool seeding. Players with a known or OBVIOUS ability levels will be assigned a 'temporary' rating accordingly.
4. The tournament director reserves the right to combine or modify the tournament format for any age division based on entry numbers, space restrictions, or other circumstance.
5. Play shall consist of a five game match. The winner shall be the first player to win three games.
6. Throughout the match play shall be continuous, with a two-minute break between games.
7. Time permitting - Upon completion of all age events, participants will be entered FREE into a single elimination SINGLES segment which will be divided into either an 'A' or 'B' division, dependent only on 'ability' levels.
1. All matches will be conducted in accordance with USA Table Tennis rules, except as modified herein. For a copy of these rules, please write or call: USA Table Tennis, One Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909 (719) 8664583, www.usatt.org
2. White, yellow, gold and orange shirts, shorts or jackets are not permitted for competition, per USA Table Tennis rules.
3. EQUIPMENT: No sandpaper, wood only or ‘sponge only’ paddle surfaces permitted. All rackets/rubber are subject to inspection.
4. The expedite system shall not be in effect, with the following exception. The tournament director may invoke the system to keep the tournament on schedule. The system may be placed in effect during a match but must not be placed in effect in the middle of a game.
SPORT FEE: $15.00 first event and $5.00 additional events
DEADLINE is Thursday July 29, 2021
An athlete must meet the following criteria:
Eligible athletes for annual Keystone State Summer Games & PA Senior Games
No Regional Qualifier / Tryout Needed